Clarification News, Wat Phra Dhammakaya 20th February A.D.2017 time 04:45 p.m.
There was a text in the news of a senior in the country stated that “will not allow “Dhammakaya” to self-govern exclusively, the authorities must enter to search in every corner and abide by the search warrant according to the order of the court otherwise they will infringe the section 157 of refraining from taking action on duty by designating that it is not important whether they can apprehend Venerable or not but the authorities have to enter the temple, and the temple would like to clarify as follows:
1. Wat Phra Dhammakaya is not being singularity or self-governing since we respect the justice procession and give good cooperation with the government administration all along for the past 3 years including when there is the application of Article 44, though we feel we do not agree with it and it is not fair but we have been giving cooperation with the authorities to search until now, the temple, Luang Por and the related personnel have got the accusation e.g., 3 arrest warrant/ 308 cases /confisgating 6 gates/Sealed and siezed 15 buildings and in the night time the authorities can drive in trucks/cars to bring forces in and out around the compound of 2,000 rais area all the time, therefore, Wat Phra Dhammakaya is thoroughly under the law.
2. The said that notwithstanding whether can apprehend Luang Por Dhammajayo or not but have to abide by the search warrant of the court, for the past 3 days, DSI officials, police, soldiers joined forces in taking actions step by step, entered to search in every area, every building, every floor, every room and searching thoroughly and did not find Luang Por Dhammajayo. Every mission was proceeded with the good understanding between government authorities and, temple and mass medias, but on the fourth day, they turned to apply violent measure by announcing to separate monks and laypeople to vacate the temple within 3.00 p.m. on 19th February which caused the panic to the devotees of Luang Por Dhammajayo, both monks and novices, and citizens all over the country. And they announced to call 14 monks to report to them again though they have ever reported with the authorities already, moreover, all who have been reported are in the special controlled zone of DSI, therefore, the oppression from the Government authorities is urging the people from all over the country to enter to Wat Phra Dhammakaya by the announcement of the authorities themselves.
3. The Government said that they do not suppress the Temple, but in fact:
3.1 There are some Government officials in the uniform posted about using explosive in this mission.
3.2 Some Government officials posted text with harsh words, impoliteness and not respecting to the triple gem.
3.3 Deploying helicopter flying around the temple compound in the low flying level till creating discomfort to the devotees.
3.4 There were news in social networks apparently that there are arrangements to use tear gas and high pressure jet stream, high density noise equipment on the truck to be applied with the monks and the citizens in the temple, however, we would like to affirm that the citizens in the temple are not “mob” but they are “Dhamma Practitioners” who have been entering the temple for more than 10-50 years already and they are parents, grandfathers, grandmothers of our monks and novices in the temple, therefore, we would like to call for the authorities not to use violence with the monks, novices and citizens who come to practice Dhamma.
4. The clash during the late morning of 20th February A.D. 2017
Monks only requested the authorities to give way for the devotees who went out for meals to come back for Dhamma Practice in the temple, but the authorities who have more forces of 2 – 3 times used the violence till causing injuries to many people, and we found the patients or wounded people as follows:
1. Woman ages 63 years old was pushed to fall down and was stamped till got severe injuries, fracture on the left ribs no. 1 to no. 6, fracture on the left side of the collarbone and bruised mark on the face and nose and having the blood stain from the right ear, she was sent to Prachatipat Hospital (Diagnosis multiple fracture ribs and lt. clavicle contusion right cheek and nose).
4.1 一位 63岁的妇人，被推倒且被踩踏至重伤，导致了她的左边的第1与第6条肋骨断裂；左边的锁骨断裂；脸鼻上也有瘀伤；右耳还有血迹。她被送到帕查提啪 (音译) 医院治疗 (Diagnosis： multiple fracture ribs and lt. clavicle contusion right cheek and nose)-诊断原文.
2. Woman ages 70 years old got both sides of chest pain and got the abrasion wound on the left elbow about 2 centimeters long, x-ray the lungs found normal at the Prachatipat Hospital and diagnosed found inflammation in the muscle and later was released to go back home.
4.2 另一位 70岁的妇人，胸部两侧疼痛，在左手肘上有道两厘米长的擦伤伤口。在帕查提啪(音译) 医院进行肺部X-光扫描时，发现正常。且被诊断出发现肌肉有发炎的状况，而过后获准出院回家了。
3.Man ages 55 years old was stamped the whole body had hemorrhage inside the sclera (Diagnosis: Subconjunctiva hemorrhage left eye and contusion left arm).
4.3 一位“55岁”的男士，全身被踩踏过，导致巩膜有内出血的情况 (Diagnosis: Subconjunctiva hemorrhage left eye and contusion left arm)- 诊断原文。
4. One woman was stamped on left foot (Diagnosis: Contusion left foot).
4.4 一位妇女的右脚被踩踏过(Diagnosis: Contusion left foot)- 诊断原文。
5. Man ages 55 years old was electroshocked on the chest area and fell down with consciousness and felt pain on the knuckle of the toe from the crash (Diagnosis: Contusion)
感到疼痛。(Diagnosis: Contusion)- 诊断原文
6. Man ages 37 years old got pain on the left waist from crash, no wound.
7. One monk ages 41 years old was injured from the crash, got pain on both legs,
(Diagnosis: abrasion wound left heel ecchymosis at back and left arm.)
4.7一位41岁的比丘因被双脚被撞击而感到疼痛。(Diagnosis: abrasion wound left heel ecchymosis at back and left arm.)- 诊断原文
And there were many people who got some minor injuries and did not come to heal the wound at the first aid unit.
5. The case of saying that some group of people mentioned that they could not take any actions or some group criticized of ill-treating with the monks, we would clarify that in the part of the temple and devotees viewing that the Government has proceeded too many measures since at present, the temple, Luang Por and other related personnel have been accused with 3 arrest warrants/ 308 cases/confiscating 4 gates (since gate no. 5 – 6 were requested for daily regular commuting between the areas of 130 Rais and 2,000 Rais)/ Sealed and seized 15 buildings and the authorities have deployed forces of more than 4,800 people to siege the temple and the gateway of the 2,000 Rais area including searched every monk’s lodging (Kuti) freely. These are all violations of the personal right of Wat Phra Dhammakaya, Dhammakaya Foundation, Monks, Novices and devotees who created the temple. But for the expression of the purity of the temple, we, therefore, have been giving good cooperation all along.
Thus, Article 44 was the much severe measure that the Government has done, after searched but found nothing, it means that the missions were completed, therefore, we would like to ask for mercy and kindness from the Government and NCPO to revoke the Article 44 in order to allow monks, novices to perform their monastic tasks and let the citizens to practice Dhamma further as usual.